My family spent part of our Michigan summer vacation at Boyne Mountain and fell in love with its charming family-friendly alpine atmosphere. Here are the top ten reasons why we want to go back this winter!
1. The Solace Spa - Spend one hour in the relaxation room at the Solace Spa and you’ll feel chaos disappear and balance restored. I curled up into one of their comfy big chairs with a magazine and hot tea and before I knew it I faded into one of the best naps of my life. One hour later I was a rejuvenated beyond measure.
2. Avalanche Bay Waterpark – This Swiss-Austrian themed indoor waterpark is fully enclosed and is the perfect weather-proof family activity! Avalanche Bay is Michigan’s largest indoor waterpark.
3. Avalanche Bay Arcade – Boyne Mountain has a two level arcade filled with over 100 games including Skeeball, Disco Fever, Wheel of Fortune, and Star Wars Racer.
4. Luxury Accommodations & Affordable Rates – Boyne Mountain has so many different options for lodging depending on your budget and the size of your party. They have rugged mountain cabins, houses, chalets, and hotel rooms. We fell in love with our accommodations in the Mountain Grand Lodge.
5. More Skiing and Snowboarding Terrain – Boyne Mountain has a variety of terrain parks for all levels and the only six person high-speed chairlift in Michigan.
6. Boyne Mountain’s Snowsports Academy – Boyne offers ski lessons, snowboard lessons, cross country lessons, freestyle clinics, racing programs, family adventure lessons and more!
7. Zipline Adventures – Boyne offers two types of zipline adventures. You can race against friends and family on the side by side lines or choose go on a guided tour that begins at the top of the mountain. If I was feeling adventurous, I’d take the guided tour.
8. Snow Tubing – Boyne is the only resort in the area to offer snow tubing for ages 5 & up. The tubing park has three lanes that offer a 700-foot long ride.
9. Boyne’s 6-for-1 Ski Day – On Friday, December 16 Boyne Mountain hosts its annual 6-for-1 Day. On this day only, you can purchase six lift tickets for the price of one.
10. Boyne Mountain is Pet Friendly – Although we don’t have a pet, I wanted to mention that Boyne Mountain now offers pet friendly rooms and suites. I know this can be an issue for our friends that want to go on vacation with their pets. To book a pet friendly room, you must call 800-462-6963.